Remember the pocket top with pockets on the top? I have been itching to progress this one. The surface pockets are all titivated and secured now so it's on to the surface adornment. I added an edge of cutwork last night, inspired by something loosely similar I will be doing in class tomorrow. I have used a fine, embroidered silk in the cut away areas. It is light and adds to the overall surface without detracting from what is already happening on there.
The next stage of this is going to be a challenge. I have a plan to marry this with something which is very different, a contrasting front and back. I will speak about that in class later this week, make a decision and then I will let you know.
Today I was hoping to get all this put together on the sewing machine ready for the final embellishments. I'm not sure that will happen now so it may be a few more days until that is ready for it's final public showing.